Thursday, June 9, 2011

Review: Mio liquid water enhancer

First impression: Great, another water enhancer. Another gross mystery substance that is going to give me heartburn and leave a bad taste in my mouth. But I guess it's worth a try.

The goods and bads for this product are listed at the bottom of the post, along with my rating (if you don't want to read the entire thing)

Well, I went on a little Kroger adventure trying to find the stuff. I found flyers everywhere for it, but actually trying to find the little bottle was a challenge. I walked up and down the juice isle before asking a worker, who told me that it was in the tea and drink mixes isle. (Duh. We all have our slow moments, but why are the drink mixes by the tea instead of by the juices?)

Anyway, after I walked down the drink mixes isle, I found the little bottle. It is small and silver, and shaped like a water drop (which is clever, because it's a liquid water enhancer.) There were about four different flavors. I chose the strawberry watermelon one.

I got home and filled up a water bottle with cold water, and squirted the red liquid in. I only put in a little bit at first, because I didn't want to overload my mouth with sugary heartburn, but with the little bit it really just tasted like funny tasting water. However, when I added a little more and shook it up I was quite delighted. Instead of being funny tasting and overpowering like most powder water enhancers, it was actually quite delicious. It tasted like kool-aid, except without the two cups of sugar. In fact, it's completely calorie free. And it doesn't have that weird fake-sugar taste that other calorie free beverages have. I was quite impressed.


RATING: 8
GOODS: A lot of flavor, you can choose how much liquid to pour into the water, clever design, zero calories, nice taste(doesn't have that weird sweetener taste), portable, no heartburn!
BADS: Expensive (It was three or four dollars), doesn't last that long, kind of ger burnt out if you drink it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment