Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dissection.



As some of us may know, October is cut out dissection month (http://www.peta2.com/cutoutdissection/cutoutdissection.asp)

I'm not a vegetarian, nor am I a super crazy animal rights activist, but the thought of cutting into the carcass of a dead animal bothers me. Cutting into a frog is wrong enough, but in some schools the students dissect the fetuses of pigs, and even worse: cats. Seeing a dead, furry cat laying on a cold labratory table severely bothers me. This is most likely because I personally own two cats, and love them dearly.

If you agree with this, you don't /have/ to dissect in class. You can write a letter to the teacher/professor asking them for an alternative (there are online "dissection" labs that resemble a real lab, cruelty free!) If they attempt to force you into dissecting, you can take many steps (for more information, view the above website.) And, if you're really passionate about it you can attempt to stop dissection at your school!

Again, I am not a vegetarian, but I do care about the mistreatment of cute animals makes me a little sad. I apologize for the shortness and uninterestingness(is that even a word?) of this post. But It's my first real post. I'll try to make the ones after this more interesting, so keep reading!


awwh, look at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment